Tuesday, December 4, 2012

What is a Blog Used for? Here's 8 Tips on Blogging Procedure


Hello all.  I'm Jan Ashby   

I just made another video in my Wordpress for Beginners series.  This video discusses an answer to the question, "What is a Blog Used for".

It's challenging for beginners to wordpress to know what to focus on initially.  The newcomers to wordpress are sometimes overwhelmed by all the plugins and wordpress widgets - not to mention dealing with a wordpress theme. Whew ..

I can understand why those not familiar with the inner workings of wordpress have issues. I remember what it was like for me - in the beginning, I wasn't quite sure what to do first.

I mean, I knew it was important to attract advertisers (from what I'd read) .. but I didn't really understand that first you have to work on being a good writer, and getting your message across in a succinct manner (and be entertaining from time to time).

Then, once you know how to write a decent post, you've got to get a grasp on SEO (search engine optimization), keyword density, permalink structure, tags etc.

Plus you've got to know something of "social media", web 2.0 sites, building your contact list, and networking with others (LinkedIn, Facebook, Youtube e.g.).

Yes, there is a certain order to things.  That's what my tutorial covers.  If you'd like to see the 2nd "wordpress for beginners" video I did go to this youtube video on wordpress lessons .

Copyright   BreakingNewsDispatch

No comments:

Post a Comment